Velleman Scope Care and Use
PCSGU250 Software Installation and FAQ
[Archived version if the WIKI page is down]
Do not install the software and drivers that came on the CD with the scope.
The Velleman PCSGU250 is a USB-powered two channel oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, recorder,
function generator and bode plotter. With the internal signal generator, you can create your own waveforms
using the integrated signal wave editor.
- Attach the scope to the USB port
- Launch scope control software
Run calibration every time you start the scope
Read the Velleman user manual.
- Start > Programs > Velleman > PCLab2000LT(You will probably want to make a shortcut)
Learn how to use BNC cables
- [WARNING!] The maximum input is ±30 volts peak.
- [WARNING!] Do not plug any probes into a 120V outlet!
- The scope is not waterproof or water resistant.
- Do not lift the scope by the cables
- Disconnect the cables before storing the scope to avoid damaging the scope's connectors
- Line up the slots with the ears and twist clockwise to lock the connector
- Twist counterclockwise before removing the connector
- When you bend long cables in a sharp radius, like wrapping them around a power supply, they break quickly.
- Loose coils in a ziploc bag work better.