Velleman Scope Care and Use
Do not install the software and drivers that came on the CD with the scope.
The Velleman PCSGU250 is a USB-powered two channel oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, recorder,
Install the scope interface software and drivers
Follow the link above to isntall the driver. Do not use the CD included with the scope package!
Run the scope software
function generator and bode plotter. With the internal signal generator, you can create your own waveforms
using the integrated signal wave editor.
- Attach the scope to the USB port
- Launch scope control software
Run calibration every time you start the scope
Read the Velleman user manual.
- Start > Programs > Velleman > PCLab2000LT(You will probably want to make a shortcut)
Learn how to use BNC cables
- [WARNING!] The maximum input is ±30 volts peak.
- [WARNING!] Do not plug any probes into a 120V outlet!
- The scope is not waterproof or water resistant.
- Do not lift the scope by the cables
- Disconnect the cables before storing the scope to avoid damaging the scope's connectors
- Line up the slots with the ears and twist clockwise to lock the connector
- Twist counterclockwise before removing the connector
- When you bend long cables in a sharp radius, like wrapping them around a power supply, they break quickly.
- Loose coils in a ziploc bag work better.