Lab-in-a-Box Kit Requirements:
For most lab materials, we have arranged for one-stop shopping from Electronix Express, at competitive prices.
Fully compatible parts from other vendors may be used. If you already
own a fully compatible item, it is not necessary
to purchase another one for a particular course.
(Updated for Spr 2018) We are testing a new USB +5/-5V power supply. For ECE 2074, you can
check out an USB power supply to test it. The checked out item must be returned.
ECE 2054, ECE 2074, ECE 3074
- Students are required to purchase or have the following Lab-in-a-Box items:
- RSR/VT A and D Trainer - Part no 32VPTADBRD from Electronix Express or another vendor.
- Velleman PCSGU250 Oscilloscope with Function
Generator - Part no 32VPTPCSGU250 from Electronix Express or another vendor.
Note: if you have a 1MHz scope with a function generator, you do not need to purchase the Velleman scope.
- Digital multimeter - MY64 Part no 01VPTMY64 from Electronix Express is recommended.
Note: Other meters with similar specs are acceptable.
- Meter and scope probe kit - Part no 32VPTTPK2 from Electronix Express is recommended
(32VPTTPK2 contains multiples of the cables below).
- need at least 1 - BNC to Test Hook, 3 ft. long (05SPAT1)
- need at least 1 - BNC to Alligators 10x scope probe, 3 ft long (05SPAK220)
- need at least 1 - Banana-to-IC Hook, , 1 black, 1 red, 3ft. long (05ALS5)
- need at least 1 - Banana-to-Alligators, 1 black, 1 red, 3ft. long (05ALS3)
- Screwdriver, 22 Gauge wire stripper, needle nose pliers - tool kit Part no 32VPTTK1 from Electronix Express is recommended.
Similar tools are acceptable.
- LTspice - free download from Linear Technology
- You do NOT need Pspice software or books! Do not purchase these items even if they are listed in the bookstore for these classes!
- ECE 2054 and 2074 Students will receive from the ECE Dept:
Electronics Parts Kit
with all electronic circuit components (resistors, capacitors, inductors, diodes,
transistors ICs, etc)
Distribution is in the OpEL Lab (219 Whittemore) during the second week of classes.
- ECE 3074 Students should already have:
- Electronics Parts Kit with all electronic circuit components (resistors, capacitors, inductors, diodes, transistors
- Replacement kits may* be issued if you sold or lost your kit. (*If we have spare kits)
- Transfer students should contact your instructor to obtain a kit.